Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cookie Dough Bites

For Easter, my task was to make ice cream (using my mom's new ice cream maker). What sounded most interesting to me was to make cookie dough flavor! :) I ended up making vanilla ice cream with bits of cookie dough mixed in.

This recipe is based on one I found at www.allrecipes.com, and what makes it unique is that it has no egg in it- so it's perfectly safe & edible while raw! Perfect for mixing in ice cream, or just eating out of the freezer! (I don't recommend baking this though- its texture wouldn't turn out right)


I didn't take a picture of mine, but this is what it looked like before adding to the ice cream.

Cookie Dough
Printable version here

1/4 cup and 2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened (or even a little melted)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Pinch of baking soda
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup flour

Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Start with the wet ingredients, end with the flour. Store in the refrigerator, or in the freezer for longer storage.

Why I love it? Cookie dough you can eat raw, without feeling guilty. Enough said! ;) It's delicious and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment