Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Breakfast Burritos



Someone shared this recipe on a message board recently, and it caught my eye. Dave gets up & leaves for work while the rest of us are still sleeping, so I like having something easy for him to make for breakfast. This recipe makes about 20 burritos. It really wasn't much work to make them, and they're pretty tasty.





Breakfast Burritos
Printable version here

1 lb. sausage (I used a 12 oz. package)
12 eggs, beaten together
1 cup salsa (I used taco sauce)
2 cups shredded cheese
20 medium tortillas

1. Brown the sausage, drain, and set aside.

2. In the same pan, add the eggs and scramble. When cooked through, mix with cooked sausage & the salsa.

3. Add about 1/4 cup of this mixture to each tortilla, then top with shredded cheese. Fold into burritos.

4. Flash freeze (set them on a cookie sheet or baking pan, leaving a little space in between, so they don't stick together), then place in a Ziploc bag or two.

To serve: Cover each burrito with a paper towel, microwave until hot, about 1 1/2 minutes.

Why I love it? Mainly, I love the convenience of these. It's so nice being able to pull these out of the freezer for breakfast (or anytime!). They didn't take long to make, especially considering how many I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment