Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blueberry Bran Muffins

I got this recipe from an Albertson's coupon/recipe booklet. I made just a few changes, and really like it! It's healthy & yummy. I made these last week, but am just now getting to posting it, since one of my kids stuck the recipe under the oven! I saw a little paper peeking out, and sure enough it was the recipe. :)



Blueberry Bran Muffins
Printable recipe here

Yield: 12 muffins

Dry Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour (I used half all-purpose & half whole wheat)
1 cup bran flakes cereal*, crunched up a little
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, optional

Wet Ingredients
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil

1 cup blueberries (fresh, or frozen ones that have been thawed, rinsed, and patted dry)

1. In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients; set aside.

2. in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, do not over mix. Fold in blueberries.

3. Divide batter into 12 lined or greased muffin cups. (Cups will be about 3/4 full) Bake in a preheated 350ยบ oven for 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Store in an airtight container. Refrigerate or freeze any that won't be eaten within about 3 days.

* I bought plain bran flakes from the bulk section at WinCo, but you could also use Raisin Bran, and pick the raisins out.

Why I love it? It uses ingredients that are easy to keep on hand, it's easy to make, healthy, and makes a good breakfast or snack for me & the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment