Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer Tortellini Salad

This recipe is from Pampered Chef's "All The Best" cookbook. I highly recommend it! Everything I've made from it has turned out well. This salad is made with cheese tortellini, ranch, and veggies! It makes a fairly good amount, about 8 cups.

You may use either store bought or homemade dressing.  Here's a link to an easy ranch dressing that I like.





Summer Tortellini Salad
Printable version here
1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini (or 2 small packages refrigerated tortellini)
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced (I sliced a handful of baby carrots)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
2/3 cup ranch dressing (approx.)
2 tbsp. grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, then rinse with cold water. Place in large bowl.

2. Prepare vegetables and add to the tortellini. Pour ranch over salad, add cheese, then mix gently. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Tip: To make your cutting board not slide across the counter (which is annoying & can be unsafe), here's a little tip- put a rubber jar opener underneath your cutting board. That's what I do (when I'm not using my Pampered Chef cutting board with rubbery edges), and it helps a ton!

Why I love it? It tastes good, has a healthy serving of vegetables in it, and it's especially good for a summer potluck. It tastes nice & fresh, and it doesn't heat up the kitchen too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment