Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Giant Cookie


I got this recipe, once again, from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. I have not been let down once by that site! On her site she shows how you could wrap up these cookies to give as gifts. So far I've just made them when I (or the kids) need a little snack. Sometimes you just need cookies, you know?? Especially my 3 year old daughter... she likes sweets, just like her mom! :)

Giant Cookie
Printable version here

1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 egg
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Line a large baking sheet with foil.

2. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugars and butter. Add the egg and vanilla and mix. Add the dry ingredients and mix well, then stir in the chocolate chips.

3. Press into a 1/4" thick circle on the baking sheet. (Make sure there is some room for the cookie to spread while baking.) Bake for 14 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let the cookie cool on the baking sheet. Once cool, gently use the foil to lift the cookie off the pan.

Yield: 1 large cookie. Recipe can easily be doubled to make 2 large, or 1 giant cookie (although I haven't tried making one that big- you would need a very large baking sheet for that).

Recipe source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Why I love it? It's super quick to throw together, and you don't even have to scoop it into individual cookies! Just mix, press into a circle, bake, and cut (a pizza cutter works well). I like the size of the recipe, too- it's good for a snack or after dinner dessert, but it's not so big that I have tons of cookies leftover (to tempt me to eat them!).

No comments:

Post a Comment