Thursday, February 2, 2012

My week... and meal plans

This isn't so much a recipe, as it is just a check-in. I know it's been a week since I last posted. I'm still busy cooking away, figuring out what to cook next, homeschooling, etc. So, in honor of what I'm working on today (my menu/shopping list for the next 2 weeks), I decided to just share some meal plans instead.

About a year ago I switched to doing my main grocery shopping every 2 weeks, instead of every week. It started because my favorite grocery store (WinCo) was 25 minutes away, and I was looking to save time & gas. I've continued shopping like that, even though a new location opened just 5 minutes from my house. It only takes me maybe 30 more minutes to do a double shopping trip, and the biggest benefit is that every other weekend, I have a Saturday free of grocery shopping! :)

Here are my dinners from last week. (I never plan out breakfast & lunch, although we always eat those at home, too.)

Then this is what I have planned for the next 2 weeks:

I still have a couple more days to plan out. Oh, plus I'll be making a batch of caramel corn, because one of Dave's coworkers wants to buy another batch of it. :) So, if you don't see me posting so much, this is why! Cooking, cleaning, and caring for these little munchkins is a full-time job!







Sidenote- this is from the ice storm we had 2 weeks ago. We had 7" of snow, followed by about 1/2" of ice. This was our front yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment