Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Just a quick post to wish everyone a Merry Christmas (last week) and a Happy New Year! I have enjoyed sharing recipes for a whole year, and look forward to sharing more in 2012.

On a kind of Christmasy note, here's what I brought for Christmas (along with scalloped potatoes)- this Rosemary Potato Olive Oil Bread. I just love it!!



Here are two of the Christmas gifts I requested, and my lovely husband bought for me. I know he doesn't mind spending money on cooking stuff for me, since I make so much good food for him! :)

This is my 4th (and probably last!) Cook's Illustrated cookbook. This one is 1000 pages long, and should keep me busy for years!



And then this beauty, a 6 quart Lodge dutch oven. Cast iron has really grown on me, and I'm excited to add this piece to my collection! As we speak, I'm braising a chicken breast in it. I've also used it for cooking chili. It's a really good size, and one unique thing about it is that it has a white interior- which makes it easy to see inside! The price is amazing, too, for what you get. A nice strong pot that should last years, and for under $50.


Anyway, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment