Saturday, January 8, 2011

Watergate Salad

I found this recipe in a Kraft magazine, and I recently made it as part of our Christmas dinner. I wanted something festive-looking, so I picked this since it's green! :) I was in too much of a hurry to take a picture though... so here's one from the Kraft website:



Watergate Salad

1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) pistachio Jell-O instant pudding
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, in juice (undrained)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups cool whip, thawed

1. Combine pineapple and pudding mix in large bowl, mix well. Add marshmallows and nuts.

2. Fold in cool whip until no streaks remain.

3. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. (Note- this recipe stays good in the refrigerator. My leftovers lasted a few days, and it tasted just as good towards the end as it did in the beginning!)

Why I love it? First, it's super duper easy!! It takes less than 5 minutes to make. Plus, all you need is a large bowl and a mixing spoon, so you're not making a lot of dishes to clean! The other reason I love it is because it is so tasty! It's sweet, creamy, and has nice textures in it (fluffy marshmallows, crunchy nuts, etc.). It's also a festive color. If you wanted to, you could add some maraschino cherries to the top for the complete red & green effect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment