Wednesday, October 5, 2011

White Chocolate Sauce (& Mocha)

Recently I started using my espresso machine again, after not for a few years. My days with homeschooling the 3 kids are long and often challenging, so if I want to reward myself with a coffee drink to start the day, I think that's fine. :)

I found this recipe online- it only takes 3 ingredients, and about 3 minutes! (Hey, and about $3!) Nutrition-wise, well, it's not great, but it is a treat! I promise you'll like this one.

Added the white chocolate chips to heated sweetened condensed milk


The finished sauce- it's pretty thick


White Chocolate Sauce
Printable version here

1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. white chocolate chips
1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract

Warm the milk in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When warm, add white chocolate. Turn off heat and whisk until pieces are melted. Add vanilla and stir.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge. This will last for several weeks.

Note: this will harden in the fridge. If you're using in a hot drink, just add a scoop of the sauce to your mug, and add the liquid. It'll melt when you stir the drink. If you want to use it as a sauce (like over a dessert), put a portion of it in a microwave-safe container and heat until it's warm/melted.

White Mocha: Combine 2 oz freshly brewed espresso, 1/2 cup steamed milk, and 1 tbsp. (or to taste) of the white chocolate sauce. Stir, add whipped cream if desired, and enjoy!

Why I love it? It's DELICIOUS, that's why! :) It's also cheaper to make it than to buy it. The ingredients cost me $3.50 at WalMart. I made a half batch this time (so $1.75) and there's enough to last me a while. With my favorite white chocolate mocha costing $3.75 at Starbucks, this is a pretty good money saver.

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious about the taste. I have an espresso machine at home and have been making white chocolate mochas for a while using Torani White Chocolate sauce. The main ingredient there is sweetened condensed milk. However, in the refridgerator, it is still a thick liquid. Given the difference of the consistency, I was wondering how you felt like your sauce compared in taste to Starbucks. Torani sauce costs about $20 for 1/2 gallon and if I can make it at home in smaller batches for less, I think I'd try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this as much as I like Starbucks drinks- actually I like it better, because they make the drinks more sugary than I like. It's easy to adjust this to my tastes. When I put it in my coffee mug it's still pretty thick, but after adding the hot liquids, it dissolves pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this recipe! I have tried it and love it! It is way better then the sauce I have been buying from Davinci Gourmet! Must add cheaper as well! I like to use my pump bottle so, I thinned this by adding 2 oz of milk after the vanilla. Perfect! I washed out my empty bottle from Davinci Gourmet and it flows perfectly out of their pump! I have tried a lot of white chocolate sauce recipes but yours is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it!! Thanks for the comment and for following the blog! :) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe sounds great and I can't wait to give it a try! I love the white chocolate mochas from Starbucks, so if I can save some money thats an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete