Sunday, April 3, 2011

Immersion Blender

I got an immersion blender last year for my birthday (by request). I don't use it very often, but for the times I need it, it is the PERFECT tool! Mine is by KitchenAid. I mainly use it for pureeing things like tomato soup, potato soup, or sauces.

In case you have one, I wanted to share a great tip I just learned about using them! My main hesitation with using this blender is that I don't want to make a mess and/or get splashed in the face with hot liquid. Not anymore!! Here's what you do:



1. Take a grocery bag, and poke a small hole in the bottom of it.

2. Put the attachment of the immersion blender through the hole. I put the middle part of the attachment (the part opposite of the blade) through first, since it's narrower and would make a smaller hole.

3. Cover up your bowl/pan with the upside down bag, with your blender through it, and viola! Splash-free blending!

No comments:

Post a Comment